It has been a while since we released a major reevert update but we’ve been extremely busy the past two months making some major updates and improvements.
We are happy to announce the immediate availability of reevert firmware 1.8.0 and reevert appliance OVA 1.8.0. All existing reevert installations will be updated automatically via the admin control panel.
This version includes some major changes and updates to better assist you on the mission to protect your data against harm.
- Completely Redesigned Admin Panel Interface
The Web based user interface has been redesigned to provide a more pleasant and user friendly experience. We have also improved support on smaller screens such as smart phones.
- Sync Remote Shares Improvements
As you already know, this feature enables reevert to perform as a backup appliance. We have made a lot of updates and improvements to this module. The most important changes are:
- Sync Remote Shares now supports syncing files utilizing Robocopy or Rsync. Using Robocopy enables reevert to preserve NTFS file ownerships and security.
- Thanks to Credential Manager module, Sync Remote Shares now supports multi-domain environments.
- Sync Remote Shares now supports using existing destination shares.
- Credential Manager
Credential Manager is a central repository to store network credentials in order to perform network discovery and remote share syncing. This was mainly implemented to make Sync Remote Shares feature more flexible but it will be utilized in upcoming new features that we are planning for reevert.
Other updates include:
- Core and Helper Component Updates
We have made updates, fixes and improvements to multiple core and helper components of the firmware in order to improve performance and reliability.
New to reevert?
Watch our demo and check our features and benefits for more information.